The Nerd Lounge is a place to spotlight some amazing educational technology tools including, websites, apps, and other cool tools to inspire innovation in education.
Hi Jennifer, First, how did you manage to drive "safely" and do the podcast? I did podcasts for an assignment in Dr. Bennett's multimedia class--but I was seated in front of my desktop at home. Like Jack, I am interested in the set up in your car while driving!
Your thoughts--similar to my own. I believe that in 15- 25 years, our classrooms are going to look very different. The pace at which technology enhancing tools are being produced is phenomenal. And the push to get them into the schools is going to come from the bottom>up. Kids (and their parents) aren't going to wait around--as we've already witnessed--with private schools and the home school movement. Many parents want their kids to be using the same technology they are using in their workplaces.
Yes--I think educators will be sharing "photos" of antiquated classroom equipment--like LCD projectors, old heavy desktop computers, etc.
You voice came through with good quality--so what did you use!?? Thanks for sharing, Diane
I used a Belkin TuneTalk Stereo for iPod Video. I placed a link below so you can see a picture of the recorder. I am amazed at the great quality from this small device that plugs into my ipod. I must say that I did not purchase this item. It is a piece of equipment that is assigned to me with my job. I am actually going to use the recorder in a first grade classroom in a couple of weeks to record students reading their original stories. The first grade teacher wants to help improve her students reading fluency. The ipod is so easy and portable I will not have to lug in any laptops. After I record all the students I will import the recordings into audacity add some royalty free background music and then burn all the recordings to a cd so each student can have a copy to take home.
8 comments:
Sorry, but your podcast is blocked by the CCSD firewall. I'll have to wait until late at night to listen to it at home.
JR
I'm sorry about that. I just posted the file to google. I guess it just didn't pass the wall.
I downloaded it last night and listened to it. Pretty good!! Especially since you were driving down the road.
How about some details on how you did it?
Jr
Hi Jennifer,
First, how did you manage to drive "safely" and do the podcast? I did podcasts for an assignment in Dr. Bennett's multimedia class--but I was seated in front of my desktop at home. Like Jack, I am interested in the set up in your car while driving!
Your thoughts--similar to my own. I believe that in 15- 25 years, our classrooms are going to look very different. The pace at which technology enhancing tools are being produced is phenomenal. And the push to get them into the schools is going to come from the bottom>up. Kids (and their parents) aren't going to wait around--as we've already witnessed--with private schools and the home school movement. Many parents want their kids to be using the same technology they are using in their workplaces.
Yes--I think educators will be sharing "photos" of antiquated classroom equipment--like LCD projectors, old heavy desktop computers, etc.
You voice came through with good quality--so what did you use!??
Thanks for sharing, Diane
I used a Belkin TuneTalk Stereo for iPod Video. I placed a link below so you can see a picture of the recorder. I am amazed at the great quality from this small device that plugs into my ipod. I must say that I did not purchase this item. It is a piece of equipment that is assigned to me with my job. I am actually going to use the recorder in a first grade classroom in a couple of weeks to record students reading their original stories. The first grade teacher wants to help improve her students reading fluency. The ipod is so easy and portable I will not have to lug in any laptops. After I record all the students I will import the recordings into audacity add some royalty free background music and then burn all the recordings to a cd so each student can have a copy to take home.
http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=7055537&Redir=1&description=Belkin-TuneTalk%20Stereo%20for%20iPod%20Video%20-%20Black-MP3%20Players%20&%20Accessories
I didn't know they made a microphone for the ipod. That's cool!!
Jennifer,
thank you for the information about the Belkin tunetalk. I'm going to look into getting a set up like yours. It sounds great.
Diane
This is great! It looks like I may have to do some shopping (my daughters have them, but I don't).
Post a Comment