With the next presidential debate beginning very soon, I decided this would be a great time to post some links I have stumbled upon about past presidents and the election.
American Experience. This site is part of PBS broadcasting. They are currently featuring over 20 hours of past presidents biographies. The video cast can be streamed live or downloaded through Itunes.
Federal Register This site has information about the U.S. Electoral College.
U.S. Electoral College Teaching Resources This site has additional resources about the U.S. Electoral College.
Vote Monitor This site allows you to virtually vote as well as look at results of past presidential elections.
270 To Win This is by far my favorite site of any of these links. First you can look by state at the results of presidential elections going back as far as the first election. The states are different colors by the candidate that took the states electoral college votes. Then you can look at this year and adjust the colors of the states as democrat, republican, or undecided. It is really neat for students to see the effect of who will win the election based on the way the electoral college votes. This would be a great site to continue to visit up to the election. I would like to thank Jennifer Brinson Citizenship teacher at Jenkins County High School for sharing this link with me.
2 comments:
Good idea, especially in the Social Studies arena. I may even use these links to create a Language Arts Lesson (the timing is perfect).
I like the 270 site. Pretty cool interactive site to help explain the electoral vote.
JR
Post a Comment