Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Warlick - Flat Classroom

Today at GAETC (Georgia Educational Technology Conference) I attended David Warlick's session titled "Our Students Our World." The session was very informative and eye opening. I thought I would share a few highlights of the presentation. Mr. Warlick emphasized that students we are teaching today will work in very different jobs than many of us do. Therefore, we do not need to continue to prepare students using 19th century techniques for students who will work in 21st century jobs.

A shocking statistic mention in the presentation was that in 2002 5 exabytes of new information was found and only 0.01% of the information was printed. With this much digital content there is a great need to teach students how to use digital content.

Warlick also shared some great links during his presentation. I've posted a few of them below. I have also added them to my delicious account.

Digg A news aggregator where the most read stories pop up on top

David Warlicks's Blog

Open Innovation a website that individuals and companies list problems and others can see the problem and work on a solution to solve the problem

Self Publishing A place where you can submit and publish books. This site is also a bookseller.

Keywords: Warlick Flat Classroom

1 comment:

David A said...

I wish I could have been there! What a great advert for tech integration.