Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

FUNky FUNctions with the TI-10 and TI-15 Calculators

I love math and working with calculators as a learning tool but I must admit that my knowledge of calculators is limited to calculators that cater more to middle and high school mathematics. This morning I attended FUNky FUNctions with the TI-10 and TI-15 Calculators presented by Susan Watkins, and Instructional Technology Specialist at the Educational Technology Center housed at the National Science Center. Susan is a former classroom teacher with 25 years teaching experience.

The TI-10 and TI-15 calculators are awesome calculators especially for elementary school students. These calculators can be used for more than the normal simple calculations. My favorite part of these calculators is the fact that students can practice math facts at various levels. The great part is the calculator remembers how many questions the student got right or wrong. Susan shared Explorations Activities from Texas Instruments for TI-10 and TI-15.

No comments: