Former New York Yankees manager Billy Martin once said, “when you’re a professional, you come back no matter what happened the day before.”
I’m sure Martin was referring to a baseball game in this statement however, the same thing be said for educators. If you are an educator in any setting but especially the K-12 setting you must start each day fresh and new.
The headaches of the previous day could be caused by so many things. Just in case technology was the culprit I compiled a list of troubleshooting links for a few common products.
Perhaps these sites will help you come back from the troubles you had the day before.
Promethean ACTIV Board
http://www.dotrust.org/our-people/mcarr/share-folder/Promethean%20Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdf
SMART Board
http://www2.smarttech.com/kbdoc/12904
CPS (Classroom Performance System)
http://www.vcu.edu/cte/resources/cps/troubleshooting-faculty.htm
Widows
http://vista-basic.blogspot.com/
Microsoft Office
4 comments:
Jennifer
You always come up with the greatest finds! I took a look at the vista blog and bookmarked it. I found an article on it about speeding up XP. Since I've been troubleshooting the kids computer at home for the last couple of weeks, this will help with some of the work.
Thanks
Jack
Jennifer,
Yes! Having you in class is like having a tech resource support super-woman! I also looked at the Windows Vista trouble shooting blog--and found the remedy for getting rid of the redundant and annoying security center messages that were constantly popping up on my laptop!
So--thank you once again!
Diane
You two are way to kind. I just enjoy doing my job in fact this blog is just an extension of what I do each day with teachers I come in contact with.
I have used the Vista blog in the past, but the others were new to me. The Vista blog has saved me several headaches. Good resources!
Post a Comment