
http://pics4learning.com/
Pics4Learning is a copyright-friendly picture website for teachers and students. The Pics4Learning collection houses images that have been donated. My favorite part of this site is when you click on each image you are given a bibliography. This is a great way to begin teaching students how to document images they are using in projects. Below is a sample bibliography of the Tybee Island Lighthouse image in this posting.
Hebert, Ginny. tybeeislandlighthousesavannah140sz.jpg. April 2008. Pics4Learning. 18 Sep 2008
4 comments:
Jennifer
Thanks for sharing this one. It's hard to find good photos to use that aren't protected. I'll definitely be checking this one out. I even sent it to a friend who teaches graphic arts.
JR
Pictures are a great way to illustrate lessons. My last classroom had four computers, and I would often set all of them with different pictures relating to a lesson (or story). The kids loved it.
Jennifer,
I learned so much when I took MEDT 7466 Photography this summer. I prefer to use my own photographs because I love taking them! But sometimes it is necessary to use someone elses. So I will take a look at this site. Thank you for sharing!
Diane
Jennifer, You've posted several web sites I want to use - the new site from the GA DOE, the Think site, and this photo site. I've spent some time trying to find good, safe sites for school assigments and this may be it. Thanks much, RobertW
Post a Comment