Math Vodcasts: Allowing Students to Learn Math, Anywhere, Anytime and Helping Parents
Presented by Merry Willis
In this session I learned how Ms. Willis's 5th grade math class used vodcast as an assessment tool. Students used an interactive whiteboard to record step by step how to solve math problems. The vodcast were then edited and published. In fact she has began a presence on iTunes (The Wacky Wonderful World of Math Ms. Willis's Class.)
Ms. Willis uses a 3 step approach in recording podcast.
1. Record
2. Edit
3. Publish
For more details from her presentaiton you may download her conference presentation.
1 comment:
Jennifer,
Ms. Willis' Wacky World of Math vodcasts are a great way of integrating technology!
I checked out the adding decimals & fractions videos. What struck me as I was watching these is the fact the the kids are getting to role play--be actors & actresses--and they are acting in front of a camera with microphones. I think most of us enjoy be on stage and the center of attention--it makes us feel good and gives us confidence!
I think this can only help the students to feel a sense of control and ownership of their learning and hence make these learning activities more effective to their retention of the material!
Thank you! Diane
Post a Comment